Monday, November 9, 2015

Run, Forrest, Run!!

Surgery got rescheduled.. again. Before you get too upset, it was our fault this time!! I know. I know. Who would have thought that we would ever try and push the surgery back? Well we did! It was for good reason though. I was nominated to be a "Thursday's Hero" for the BYU football program! (Google it if you are really interested to learn more). I was able to go to a practice, get a tour, and meet the coaches/players! It was SO DANG COOL. I even asked Tanner Mangum to throw me a deep pass... it only took two attempts to catch it :) So they are giving me tickets to go to the last home game! The only problem? The only home game is on the 21st. One day after my surgery date. Therefore we pushed the surgery back until the 23rd!!

I finished with radiation!! 28/28 treatments completed. Yay! 

Kevin Padilla is the man!! He is organizing a "Seanstrong" 5k run this Saturday (November 14th)!! It starts at 9am, and boy would I love to see all of you there. My mom has been working hard to put this together, and so has the amazing Sam Hadlock (the best graphic designer ever)!. They are all trying to make his event the best it can be! All of the money we earn will be donated to Synovial Cell Sarcoma (my rare type of cancer) research!! So please, come and party with us!! If you really don't like to run, we do need volunteers! Here is the website to sign up:

www.teamseanstrong.com



I have been pretty selfish lately. Even though treatments are over, I still feel awful a lot of the times. Its mainly fatigue/exhaustion. It sucks physically, but it gets to you mentally after living like that for 8 months or however long it has been. I started thinking things like "how come people don't understand what I am going through", etc. I couldn't explain how difficult it was to just make it through a day.. and I stopped trying because I realized how annoying the complaining was. BUT then one day it hit me pretty hard. How often does Jesus Christ want us to just understand what He went through, and take time to sympathize with him? Man I felt like an idiot after that. He went through so much more than me, and He deserves the attention/thoughts. 

Cancer sucks but I really do feel like I have aged 50+ years (physically and mentally). Lots of life experiences and thoughts packed into a few months. What a ride it has been.

We all have trials but it is my belief that we "can-cer vive" anything that life tries to throw at us. Just remember that life is whatever we make it. I choose to make it good, cancer and all.

1 comment:

  1. Unbliviable work doing by these Doctors, Really say it that Doctor is second form of GOD Ok

    ReplyDelete